The team at PBS is dedicated to furthering PBS' mission to create content that educates, informs and inspires. Each and every day, we commit to ensuring PBS and our member stations continue to be America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world.
Learn more about the great work being done by staff to build on PBS' amazing legacy in the following spotlight interviews.
Maria Vera is Associate Director of PBS KIDS Publicity and is part of the PR team behind the series launches of DANIEL TIGER'S NEIGHBORHOOD and PEG + CAT, as well as several popular on-going series.
Here's what some of our employees have to say about why PBS is a great place to work.
“We truly utilize the power of the television medium to educate and inform. Television is unique in its ability to present culture, diversity and difficult concepts and PBS works hard to offer the best programming that does the most good.” – Karen Neckyfarow, Assistant Director of Program Underwriting Policy
“The staff here makes a difference.” – Donald Thoms, Vice President, Programming, General Audience
“It resonates with everyone. I’m amazed at the wide smiles I get when I tell people I work at PBS. PBS is something special.” – Keith Brengle, Director of Online Giving
“PBS is special because of our mission and all the wonderful people who work hard and stand behind it.” – Silvia Lovato, Director of PBS KIDS GO! Interactive
“We take great pride in our audience and users and treat them with class, striving to give them the kind of story and characters they deserve.” – Brad Pettingell, Senior Associate for Kids Programming
Benefits at PBS
PBS offers competitive salaries. As an employee-oriented company, PBS also offers an outstanding benefits package. Highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life and disability insurance;
- An immediately vested retirement plan to which PBS contributes 8% of your salary (after a one-year waiting period);
- A generous holiday and paid leave program;
- Educational benefits, including tuition reimbursement ;
- In-house training geared to help your professional development;
- A wellness program that includes health fairs and seminars, blood drives and other activities, as well as discounted use of a nearby state-of-the-art gym facility.