Memorializing the Men
Phase 1: Planning and Research
- Theme selection
- Research notes
- Selection of pieces of evidence
- Break into groups of three to four students as assigned by your instructor. Select a leader who will be in charge of group discussions and keeping track of the work you accomplish both individually and as a group.
- Discuss potential themes of your project.
- Decide upon a final theme.
- Use the resources provided below to research your theme.
- Select as many as ten pieces of evidence that support your thematic focus.
- Find detailed information that describes your evidence and its connection to your theme.
Phase 2: Design and Presentation
- Final memorial product
- Descriptions of the evidence
- Final presentation
Steps (Your group may want to divide up this work)
- Decide on the medium and style of your final memorial. Examine the Washington D.C. memorial links below for ideas.
- Create the memorial using appropriate materials.
- Write the evidence descriptions.
- Organize the final product.
- Determine how your group will present your project.
- Prepare for the presentation.
American Memorial Links