Stalin on Trial
The varied nature of this project does not allow a traditional rubric; however, students must be held accountable for their contributions to the trial process. The following represents suggested grading criteria.
- All students must complete some amount of research. Evidence of research should be submitted in the form of notes and/or summaries of the information found.
- Since some students are required to complete significantly more research, the teacher may want to assign complementary readings or alternative assignments.
- All students should have some role in the trial. They should receive a grade based upon their execution of that role, including level of preparation.
- Students not actively involved in the trial should be paying close attention and taking notes on the proceedings.
- This can take the form of a class discussion, journal entry, or even an essay. Students should show their understanding of Stalin’s brutal actions in Eastern Europe during and after World War II.