Web Page Instruction Packet
You and your classmates are to construct a web page that will focus on the central political issue described in Buffalo War and provide instant background on the opposing groups, their positions, and their actions.
To do this you must follow a particular structure. Design elements, such as page color, use of illustrations, and sound, among other things, are up to you.
Opening Page (splash page)
- Describe the political issue (When people disagree about a problem or a public policy)
- Briefly describe four opposing positions
- Each position must have a visual taken from the program.
- Under or adjacent to the description of the opposing positions must must be three links to other pages (described below) for a total of twelve links.
- Each group of three pages, linked to a particular position, must
- Describe the demographic features of the group holding this position. (1)
- Provide a fuller description of the group's position on the issue. (2)
- Give an account of the actions taken by the group to get its position across. (3)
- The text must be written by the students
- Include quotations (or video) from the documentary
- Display at least one visual from the documentary
Each page must include navigation aids that permit the reader to return to the main page and/or jump to pages linked to opposing points of view.