Came across this 9 month old blog post, Another 23 Signs You're Becoming a Design Geek, from the guys at Crestock and just had to share. "How dare you post anything so ancient?!" you ask? Well I found it quite funny that a few of these entertaining warning signs have come up from time to time within our team convos, especially numbers 12 and 13, which have becoming running jokes here on the 2nd and 7th floor.
Indeed a list of harsh realities - a testament to the fact that design isn't created, but observed. And true designers exist in that space 24 hours a day! Learn to spot the warning signs in time - you know you're becoming a design geek when:
1. You smile that spanking-kind-of-smile when you use the CSS property: padding-bottom.
2. You know exactly what I'm referring to when I say "Make my logo bigger".
3. Every now and then you go through a 'herbal tea' phase to try and reduce your dependence to coffee, but you always go back to the inky demon eventually.
4. You've caught yourself more than once hitting CTRL or CMD+N when you need a coffee refill...
5. Sleep and nighttime are no longer irrevocably linked.
6. You have woken up in the middle of
the night your sleep and started recreating the dream you just had in Photoshop.
7. When getting up, you wish you had a healing brush/patch tool for those unsightly blemishes and undereye luggage.