Applications are being accepted for the 2018 Development Awards in the categories of Corporate Support, Membership, Philanthropy, and Special Achievement. Be sure to nominate a C. Scott Elliott Development Professional of the Year as well as a Development “Rising Star.”
MAY 4, 2018 UPDATE: Please continue to share your stories of success using steps below. Any applications received after May 4, 2018, will be considered for 2019 award.
The purpose of the annual Development Awards is to share fundraising best practices happening at stations of all sizes and to recognize and celebrate those successes. For this reason, all applications will be made available to the system.
How to Apply:
Step 1. Review the award categories here. You are welcome to apply to multiple categories, however the same application can only be submitted under a single category.
Step 2: Use the online application form to tell us what you did, how you did it, and why it has been effective. You’ll be asked to provide:
- Project title
- Overall goal of project, problem it sought to solve or opportunity it sought to leverage
- Description of the activity, what it achieved and why it was successful
- Metrics or benchmarks utilized that show success of project (quantitative and qualitative data)
- How the project leveraged national or local content (primetime, KIDS, pop-out, etc)
** If first typing in a word doc, plan to submit a total of 1-2 pages typed.
Step 3. Complete the application form by May 4, 2018 to be considered for a 2018 award
Not sure where to start? Take a look at the 2017 award winners
What’s New in 2018?
- This year, all applications will be submitted electronically
- All winners will be awarded at the 2018 Public Media Development & Marketing Conference (PMDMC), July 10-12, in Chicago
- The new category, Development “Rising Star” will recognize up-and-coming development professionals
- Applications will now be accepted throughout the year, however please submit by May 4 to be considered for a 2018 award
How will winners be recognized?
- All applications and station stories of fundraising success will be featured on OurNeighborhood
- Winners will receive a glass award on the PMDMC main stage
- Winners will receive one complimentary PMDMC registration ($749 value)
- Winners will be announced in a press release
- System-wide webinars will be held for each winning station to showcase their projects and results to peers
How are the Development Awards judged?
The Development Advisory Committee (DAC), a group of 14 station leaders representing a variety of disciplines, markets and licensees, will judge the awards. After an initial review of all applications, some applicants may be asked to provide additional information. The DAC reserves the right to award multiple winners in each category or none at all based on the quality and/or quantity of applications.
The DAC looks for successful projects, campaigns, or initiatives that delivered a positive impact on revenue or other metrics that led toward revenue generation. These include but are not limited to: revenue growth, prospect leads, donor file growth, digital engagement, community engagement or implementing creative/innovative techniques. The DAC will award success regardless of station and budget size and whether it comes in the form of new and innovative techniques or from traditional practices. Please include metrics or benchmarks that show why the project was successful. Comparisons from past years, projections for future years and/or additional data are helpful.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call us at 703-739-5114