What is the Application Process?
Do you think you could be a 2017 PBS Digital Innovator? We’re accepting applications until 12:01 AM PST, February 13th, 2017. In addition to short application and questionnaire the application includes three basic elements. Those selected for the 2017 PBS Digital Innovator program will be notified by March 15, 2017.
Other Things you Need to Know Before Applying
The following are eligibility requirements for PBS Digital Innovators:
- Employed as a full time pre-K-12 classroom teacher, media specialist, curriculum specialist, technology specialist, education support professional or school librarian (or a combination of roles/grades) in the 2016-2017 school year and intend to continue teaching in the 2017-2018 school year.
- A legal resident of the United States or its territories.
- NOT be an employee or immediate family member of PBS or any PBS public television member station.
PBS Digital Innovator entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity, clarity, and persuasiveness of the application video and essay response
- Passion and aptitude for innovative teaching practices that integrate digital media and technology in the classroom, as demonstrated in the application video and essay question responses
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to embody the qualities of PBS Digital Innovators as described above and as demonstrated in the application video and essay responses
PBS Education Community
All applicants will automatically become members of the PBS Education community:
- Engage with other educators in our PBS Teachers closed digital community space
- Join webinars and events hosted by past PBS Digital Innovators
- Receive regular updates on PBS education and member station events
- We encourage applicants to register for PBSLearningMedia, where you’ll find more than a 120,000 standards aligned, high quality, and free classroom resources and tools to engage your students.