Lately I’ve been making these easy and delicious burritos about once a week. I seriously can’t get enough! I’ve found that leftovers make one heck of a breakfast with some strong coffee and extra avocado on the side. Who here is an avocado fanatic? (hand raises high)
Even though I love beef, I really like to make these tacos with ground turkey instead just to lighten things up a bit. I usually buy ground turkey about 90% lean and 10% fat, so it doesn’t dry out on me.
I hope you guys like these weeknight turkey and bean burritos! They are a hit around here, that’s for sure. Don’t forget the extra avocado!
Turkey and Avocado Burrito
This avocado burrito recipe with turkey is a lighter option than beef, but is still a filling weeknight meal. Food blogger Jenna Weber shares how to pick your ground turkey in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning (storebought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas
- sliced avocado for serving
- Combine the ground turkey and 2 tbsp taco seasoning in a large skillet. Cook until turkey browns then add remaining taco seasoning and water. Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If meat looks too dry, add another tablespoon of water.
- Add the drained black beans and cheese to the cooked turkey and stir until cheese melts.
- Heat up tortillas one at a time in the microwave for 10 seconds. Place a small amount of turkey, bean and cheese mixture in the center and top with a generous drizzle of salsa. Add a couple slices of avocado and roll up.
Yield: 4 servings
Jenna Weber is half of the Fresh Tastes blog team. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in 2008 and, since then, has worked as a pastry chef, bread baker and freelance food editor. Currently, Jenna blogs full-time on EatLiveRun.com where her delicious daily recipes and quirky culinary musings appeal to thousands. She lives in Northern California and, when not in the kitchen, can usually be found on her yoga mat.