Kale is in season right now and this quick and easy pasta dish is my absolute favorite way to eat it. Alone, kale can taste quite bitter and has a tough, fibrous stalk that usually deters people from this healthy green…
Which is why I like to serve it with bacon and brie cheese!
You can never go wrong with bacon and brie cheese, can you? I’ve decided the trick to eating something really healthy is to mix it with something really unhealthy. Something like bacon grease. Try it for yourself!
I love the peppery bite of the kale with the creamy brie cheese and the fact that this dish comes together in just minutes, making it perfect for quick weeknight meals.
Try this soon, guys! I think you’re going to love it as much as I do.
Spaghetti with Kale, Bacon and Brie Cheese
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz brie cheese, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 1 large bunch curly green kale, washed and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and crumble. To the hot bacon grease, add the minced garlic and sauté briefly over medium heat until fragrant. Then, add the kale and sauté until it begins to wilt, about five minutes.
- Add the hot, cooked pasta to the kale along with the brie cheese and bacon crumbles. Stir together so that the cheese melts and forms a creamy coating over each strand of spaghetti.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with additional bacon crumbles on top!
Yield: 4 servings
Jenna Weber is half of the Fresh Tastes blog team. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in 2008 and, since then, has worked as a pastry chef, bread baker and freelance food editor. Currently, Jenna blogs full-time on EatLiveRun.com where her delicious daily recipes and quirky culinary musings appeal to thousands. She lives in Northern California and, when not in the kitchen, can usually be found on her yoga mat.