Creamy White Bean Dip with Whole Wheat Garlic Pita Chips
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice top off garlic (do not peel) and place in a cake pan. Drizzle with two tablespoons oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, let cool and drain oil into a small dish. Keep oven at 400.
- Using a scissors or a very sharp knife, slice pitas into four quarters. Divide each quarter into two so you have thin pieces. Lay pieces on a lined baking sheet and brush with garlic oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake pita chips for 10 minutes then flip and bake for another 10 minutes until crispy.
- To make bean dip, squeeze out garlic cloves into a food processor or high-speed blender. Add beans, cumin, salt, cumin, lemon juice and two tablespoons olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Serve dip drizzled with extra olive oil with pita chips on the side.
Yield: 2-5 servings