As the world welcomed a new year, many people were also regretting indulging their waistline during the holiday season.
PBS Food challenged viewers in January to share their healthy recipes to encourage everyone to concentrate on planning healthy meals again. We were overwhelmed by the outpouring of submissions, as well as the impressive ideas. Quinoa and kale were both common ingredients in many of the submissions, and PBS viewers came up with many creative ways to create healthier versions of many comfort foods as well.
Twelve winners were chosen from the entries to receive a new Wüsthof Classic 8″ Cook’s knife, perfect for chopping all those healthy veggies.
Congratulations to all our winners:
- Jennifer Beckman for Greek-Style Winter Greens Pie
- Aimee Johnson for Vegan Quiche with Spinach and Tofu
- Rachael Faught for Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini
- Frank Vaughan for Roasted Root Vegetables with Kale
- Renata Stanko for Kale, Cranberry, Almond Salad
- Tiffany Hilby for Healthier Macaroni and Cheese
- Chris Sherry for Healthy Protein Ice Cream
- Mary Marlowe Leverette for Zesty Quinoa Salad
- Vanishree Shivakumar for Cool Crunch Tomcu Salad
- James T. Barker for Kale Salad
- Kellie Foglio for Spanish Tilapia en Papillote
- Tara Chhabra for Fish Stew with Tomatoes and Asparagus
Use the counter at the bottom to view a slideshow of the winning recipes!