Cool Crunch Tomcu Salad
Vanishree Shivakumar of New Jersey submitted this recipe for our Healthy Eating Contest.
Vanishree Shivakumar describes her recipe:
This dish does not require oil or salt. It has the goodness of chick peas and peanuts for protien, and fiber from cucumbers and tomatoes.It also has the goodness of the carrots and yummy boiled potato. The lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C , and is very refreshing and wholesome to eat as a salad for dinner or lunch. The cilantro and lemon add a zing to the taste.
- 1 cup cucumbers chopped fine
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (They should be soaked overnight and boiled till soft. If using canned, rinse in water and drain to remove excess salt.)
- 1 tbspn finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lemon, squeezed, juice used for dressing
- 2 table spoons of warm toasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- one small sized potato, boiled , peeled and mashed .
- one small green chilly pepper chopped very fine(optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (except cilantro, nuts, chilly pepper and lemon juice).
- Top salad with mix (cilantro, nuts, chilly pepper and lemon juice) before serving.
- Chill and serve!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 3 servings