Star of Jalisco
Contributing Blogger: Cheri Loughlin of the “The Intoxicologist” blog
“Though this is a simple variation on the classic Margarita, Star of Jalisco reminds me a little of spiced cider with the spice inclusion, but less acidic than cider can sometimes get. There are beautiful citrus and spice tones. Citrus tartness is smoothed a bit by the bitters inclusion. Squeeze the spiced orange into the drink for even more wonderful fruited flavor.”
Star of Jalisco Cocktail
This holiday libation, Star of Jalisco, is reminiscent of a spiced cider. Discover more holiday cocktails in our collection of original recipes from the top bartenders across the nation.
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- 2 dashes classic bitters
- Pinch of grated nutmeg & cinnamon
- Orange slice & allspice garnish
- Combine liquids with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake to blend and chill.
- Strain into rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with orange slice dipped in allspice.
Meet the Blogger
Cheri Loughlin is a trusted resource for consumers in search of the best spirits, bar products and cocktails including non-alcoholic mixed drinks. Cheri works as a Beverage & Photography Consultant to beverage companies and individuals. Her work includes a large database of cocktail stock photography for personal or business use.