Asparagus with Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
Asparagus is an elegant vegetable that is ideal to serve at any holiday gathering. Paired with rich tasting vegan “hollandaise” sauce, it makes the perfect side dish. My grandmother often served asparagus with a rich hollandaise sauce, that as a child, I loved. So, I came up with this easy to prepare vegan version that tastes delicious and is low in fat too!
- 1 large bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ block soft silken or regular tofu, well drained
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Steam the asparagus for 4 to 6 minutes, or until just crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, put the lemon juice, tofu, turmeric and sea salt into a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour into a small saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until heated through.
- Arrange the asparagus on a serving platter and pour the sauce over top. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4-6 Servings