Watch a Preview
Kick start your morning with one of these five fantastic muffin recipes—giant bran muffins filled with raisins, citrusy mini orange muffins, moist and delicious healthy morning muffins, plum-filled coffee cake muffins and — the ideal solution to a bumper crop of zucchini—glazed zucchini muffins.
Watch This Week’s Baking Tip
Put half an apple into a plastic bag with the dried out brown sugar to add moisture back into the sugar.
This Week’s Recipe
Mini Orange Muffins
This mini orange muffins recipe appears in the "Muffins" episode of Martha Bakes.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for tins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter small muffin tins. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream 1 cup sugar and butter until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine buttermilk and baking soda and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt; add to the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beating until well mixed.
- In a food processor, grind the raisins and orange zest. Add to the batter and combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the tins to a cooling rack. Brush the tops of the muffins with orange juice and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup sugar while still warm; let stand 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pans.
Yield: 30 small muffins
Additional recipes and video clips from the episode are available on MarthaStewart.com: