Watch a Preview
Since you can never have enough cookies, Martha updates three mouthwatering classics: maple cream sandwich cookies with buttery shortbread and a rich maple cream, an amped up chocolate chip cookie made with an astonishing amount of chocolate chips, and when it comes to oatmeal raisin cookies, bigger is always better! Something delicious for everyone!
This Week’s Recipe
Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookie
Make Martha Stewart's Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies from the North American Cookies episode of Martha Bakes.
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed throughout. Cookie dough can be refrigerated, covered, overnight, if desired.
- Using a 2 1/4-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden around the edges, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: Makes 24 cookies
Additional recipes and video clips from the episode are available on MarthaStewart.com