In every episode of Martha Stewart’s Cooking School, learn cooking fundamentals following Martha’s signature step-by-step, how-to teaching process. Be sure to check your local listings to see when this episode will be airing in your area.
Watch a Preview
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of noodles? In this episode, Martha shows viewers how to make three of her favorites. It’s hard to find another dish that’s more popular than Pad Thai, and Martha’s recipe is so good you won’t be even slightly tempted to call for takeout.
Next she’ll cook a One Pan Pasta that calls for just a few fresh ingredients and is on the table in 20 minutes. Then Martha shows the secret to making Pho, one of Asia’s best street foods.
Watch This Week’s Cooking Lesson
Martha easily slices cherry tomatoes in half using two plastic lids to keep them in place and then cuts across all the tomatoes at once.
This Week’s Recipe
One-Pan Tomato Pasta
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan.
Yield: 4 servings