Marinated Asparagus Salad
Asparagus makes a refreshing summer salad, adding color and crunch to any meal. It makes a nice light lunch perched on top of a bed of lettuce, or presents an enticing first course to an elegant party meal.
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional for garnish)
- To make the dressing, put the lemon juice, tamari, and garlic in a small bowl and briskly
- whisk until smooth.
- Steam the asparagus until crisp-tender. Put the hot asparagus in a large bowl and add the dressing.
- Toss gently to coat the asparagus with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 24 hours.
- Serve chilled, garnished with optional lemon zest and arranged on a pretty platter or over a bed of baby greens.
Yield: 4 servings