This Tuscan hummus recipe combines cannellini beans with pesto for a healthy, flavorful dip. Food blogger Sarah Spigelman of Fritos and Foie Gras shares this hummus recipe from a collection of carnivore tested, vegan approved recipes.
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- 3 Tbsp. jarred pesto (be sure to find one without nuts if you are serving those with allergies)
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1/3-1/2 cup apple cider or tomato vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Special Equipment: Food Processor
- Dump the beans into the food processor.
- Toss in the pesto and garlic
- Add the vinegar. Be aware, you may need up to 1/2 of a cup of vinegar by the time the hummus is to your liking. But start out with 1/3 of a cup. You can always add more later.
- Start the food processor, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. You won’t need much because the pesto has oil in it.
- Just drizzle a bit in until the hummus becomes a consistency you like. Transfer to a container and refrigerate the hummus for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight. Taste for seasonings before serving, and add more pesto, oil, or spices as you see fit.