Last year, at the beginning of 2017, I declared that I was going to make less “beautiful food” and more relatable, easy-to-make food. I wanted my recipes to be remade by people over and over and over. The best thing I did was start to consider people’s time and accessibility to ingredients, which is hard when you live in a place like Los Angeles. My access to beautiful, affordable produce knows no bounds. I feel lucky!
I started to make easier recipes, ones that require less dishes and less pots and pans. And people started making them more and more. I got a lot of positive feedback. I’m going to continue doing this in 2018 and I’m starting here. This is the easiest grilled cheese. And it’s so good. You could replace the cranberry sauce with fig jam, strawberry jam or grape jam. It’s something that can change anyway you like it. The mustard and brie cheese work so well with the caramelized onions.
If you have any recipe suggestions for 2018, please let me know! I can’t wait to start.
Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices of bread of choice
- 1 yellow onion, caramelized
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon or yellow mustard
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 batch of classic cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Smear two slices of bread with mustard. To the other half, add a teaspoon or two of caramelized onions, slices of brie cheese, along with the mozzarella and a spoonful of cranberry sauce. Place the other half of bread on top.
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, add the butter. When melted, add the grilled cheeses and cover with a lid. Cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty. Slice and serve.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.