My month of April was spent recipe testing some of the most decadent recipes EVER! So, it’s no surprise that the past few weeks have been me in a chill zone of healthy food.
A few weeks ago I discovered Cauliflower Rice (already riced!) at my local Trader Joe’s and was SO pumped. If you’ve ever made cauliflower rice, you know that it’s a bit of a pain to make. It’s messy, you have to pull out the food processor. It’s so much easier to make when it’s already been riced for you, in a bag that you simply get to pull out of the fridge.
This is the lunch I’ve been making myself the past few days. I know I’m getting very close to being sick of it but not yet. It’s simple and delicious and super healthy. My one gripe with a lot of healthy food is that it doesn’t have enough flavor; not this dish.
Fried Cauliflower Rice with Quail Eggs
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium shoyu soy sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds, plus more as garnish
- 2 to 3 quail eggs or chicken eggs
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, warm the sesame oil. Next, add the cauliflower rice, garlic clove, small handful of green onions, soy sauce, Sriracha and sesame seeds. Toss until combined. Cook until the cauliflower rice is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry up the quail eggs or regular eggs. Divide the cauliflower between bowls, top with the egg, a handful of green onions and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Yield: 2 servings
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.