Need a quick New Years Eve dessert that comes together in three minutes and can feed a crowd?
Look no further. When was the last time you even had a milkshake, anyway? Probably an impulsive post-dentist fast food drive through decision. Well, I’m here to tell you that milkshakes can be classy and are perfect served at a dinner party….New Years Eve, anyone?
Chill fun tall glasses ahead of time and after dinner, just melt some white chocolate chips and blend it with peppermint (or oreo) ice cream, milk and a splash of Bailey’s, top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles and you’re set.
White Chocolate Peppermint Milkshakes
- 4 large scoops peppermint or oreo ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 shots Bailey’s
- chocolate sprinkles for serving
- whipped cream for serving
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a glass dish in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted. Stir smooth and let cool to room temperature.
- Blend together the ice cream, milk, Bailey’s and white chocolate until smooth. If milkshakes aren’t thick enough, add a little bit more ice cream or some crushed ice and process again.
- Divide milkshakes amongst four tall glasses and top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Serve with tall spoons or straws.
Yield: 4 servings (easily doubled or tripled)
Jenna Weber is half of the Fresh Tastes blog team. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in 2008 and, since then, has worked as a pastry chef, bread baker and freelance food editor. Currently, Jenna blogs full-time on EatLiveRun.com where her delicious daily recipes and quirky culinary musings appeal to thousands. She lives in Northern California and, when not in the kitchen, can usually be found on her yoga mat.