Los Angeles weather has been incredibly strange lately. It’s almost been reminiscent of say Seattle. Rainy and stormy clouds have been a constant in the Los Angeles sky, which isn’t always THAT common. Personally I’ve been loving it. I love a cloudy day and shooting on cloudy days is always my absolute favorite. But I have been craving beach days.
Sunny days are almost here and I couldn’t be more excited! This recipe is made specifically for those sunny, warm days that are upon us.
While celery juice is all the rage right now, I prefer cucumber juice for cocktails. It adds such a refreshing quality to cocktails and it mixes with vodka or gin VERY well.
Sip on this cucumber cooler for a refreshing beverage or add your favorite alcohol to make it a cocktail. Either way it is guaranteed to cool you down. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- Splash of water
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Vodka or gin
- Sparkling water
- To a blender, add the cucumbers and water to a blender. Blend until combined. And then run through a strainer and discard the pulp. If you have a juicer, even better. Process the cucumbers in your juicer and reserve the juice.
- In a small saucepan, set over medium heat, combine the water, sugar and rosemary. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Immediately turn off the heat and allow the rosemary sprigs to infuse for about 20 minutes.
- To a pitcher, add the cucumber juice, simple syrup and vodka. Chill until you’re ready to serve.
- Divide amongst glasses full of ice and top with a splash of sparkling water.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.