I will eat an entire bowl of this for dinner. Period. I need nothing else to make me happy. Though, if there is a side of rice I won’t be upset! This cauliflower is so delicious and easy to make. It requires some warm, earthy spices and a good amount of olive oil. I like to serve it on a bed of tart cool yogurt and love to garnish it with lots of sliced almonds, some sweet golden raisins and a nice sprinkling of fresh Italian parsley.
It’s a simple dinner idea that comes together so quickly and deliciously. Serve it with rice or with the protein of your choice. Or simply eat it as is. If it’s going to be the main star, yes, of course you need to eat a lot of it to be full. But that’s not such a bad thing.
Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. To a baking sheet, add the cauliflower. To a small bowl, add the olive oil, spices and a few pinches of salt. Whisk together and then pour over the cauliflower. Toss together until combined.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until cauliflower is very tender.
- To a medium bowl, add the yogurt, juice from 1/2 lemon and a few pinches of salt. Whisk together until smooth. Give the yogurt a taste and adjust the salt to taste.
- To a large serving plate, add the yogurt to the bottom of the plate. Spoon the cauliflower on top and then garnish with sliced almonds, golden raisins and Italian parsley.
Yield: 4-6 (as side dish)
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.