On Monday I start one of those dreadful cleanses. I won’t be able to have anything fun, including dairy, gluten, cheese…you name it. In preparation for this terrible time, I’m eating everything delicious under the sun. These super simple stuffed mushrooms are always the thing I make when I need to make something fun and tasty for a large group.
There is nothing remarkably different about these stuffed mushrooms. But I will argue that their simplicity is what makes them so delicious. The combination of Italian parsley, lemon, crunchy bread crumbs and cheese are just delicious. You won’t be able to just have one.
Happy New Year!
Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup (from 1/2 bunch) minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) finely shredded Parmesan-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds white button or cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, set over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic cloves and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- To a medium bowl, pour in the melted butter and softened garlic. Add the minced Italian parsley, bread crumbs, cheese, crushed red pepper, lemon juice and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place the mushrooms a few inches apart, and place them cavity side up. Spoon a teaspoon or two of the mixture into each of the mushroom cavities. Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden brown. Serve immediately.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.