Here in California, the first strawberries are starting to make their bright and sunny appearance at farmers markets and roadside stands. Their rosy appearance is a telltale sign that spring is on its way!
This delicious strawberry lemonade is perfect for Valentine’s Day, but also for baby showers and wedding showers this spring.
I like to serve strawberry lemonade in mason jars, and a nice idea for parties would be to fill mason jars with lemonade, screw on tops tightly and then self-serve out of galvanized buckets filled with ice. Guests will love it!
I prefer my lemonade on the sweeter side (what can I say? I have a sweet tooth), but to tame down the sweetness, just add a bit more cold water at the end.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 24-28 oz fresh cold water
- Bring the sugar and water to a simmer in a small saucepot. Stir so that sugar melts completely then remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the strawberries in a blender and process until smooth. Pour pureed strawberries in the sugar water and stir well. Add the lemon juice.
- Combine the strawberry lemon syrup and the cold water in a large pitcher. Stir well and add lots of ice.
- Serve lemonade with thin slices of lemons and strawberries.
Yield: Six servings
Jenna Weber is half of the Fresh Tastes blog team. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in 2008 and, since then, has worked as a pastry chef, bread baker and freelance food editor. Currently, Jenna blogs full-time on EatLiveRun.com where her delicious daily recipes and quirky culinary musings appeal to thousands. She lives in Northern California and, when not in the kitchen, can usually be found on her yoga mat.