This Sunday is one of the most important days of the year — it’s Mother’s Day! If you’re lucky enough to be with your mama that day, these strawberry rhubarb bellinis would be perfect for that day!
It couldn’t be simpler to make. I had some rhubarb and strawberries in the fridge that were on their way out and I wanted them to have a delicious ending. This bellini starts with a rhubarb strawberry puree being made over the stove. After it gets run through a strainer, it’s combined with very cold sparkling wine or champagne. This is a great thing to make ahead, the day before.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Strawberry Rhubarb Bellini
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 stalk rhubarb, trimmed and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, until the strawberries and rhubarb turn to mush. Run the syrup through a strainer and discard the pulp.
- Add a few tablespoons to each champagne glass. Top with champagne and serve with a strawberry as a garnish.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.