This may seem like a simple, boring recipe and maybe it is. But it’s also one of my favorite quick go-tos in the summer. You may be invited to a last minute get together and there’s a good chance you have everything in your house to make this right now.
This is also one of my favorite things to do to eat for dinner all by myself. I usually eat it on a few chips or spoon it over a bed of kale. The flavors are fresh and savory and really really good. They’re the flavors of summer!
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
White Bean Salad
- 2 (12-ounce) cans of Northern White Beans
- 3 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste or 1 anchovy filet
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- To a large bowl, add the beans, Italian parsley and red onion. To a small bowl or to a mortar and pestle, add the anchovy paste or anchovy filet, garlic clove, juice from 1 lemon, olive oil and crushed red pepper. Stir vigorously until combined.
- Pour over the beans and toss gently until combined. Give it a taste and adjust the salt according to taste.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.