For breakfast, enjoy a taste of fall with these acorn pancakes. Recipe by Michael Procopio
Yield: 36 dollar-sized pancakes
- 1 cup acorn meal
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of oil (vegetable or some other neutral-flavored type.)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Combine dry ingredients in whatever large bowl you like. One with a spout is most welcome.
- Combine oil, honey, eggs, and milk until smooth in consistency.
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients into the large bowl.
- Adjust by adding more milk if the batter appears too thick, more flour if too thin. The nature of all acorn meal is not equal. The batter should be thin enough to pour, but not runny, as one might imagine.
- Drop an experimental dollop of batter onto griddle. Adjust heat accordingly.
- Griddle dollar-sized pancakes until the bottoms are browned and the top side bubbles for about three minutes. Flip and cook until cakes are barely firm to the touch.
- Remove pancakes to a warm plate. I hold mine in a warm oven covered with a towel until all the pancakes have been made.
- Serve hot