Almond Cranberry Granola
Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife.com shares this recipe. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine oats, wheat germ, flax seeds, cinnamon, almonds, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine vegetable oil, brown sugar, honey, and water.
- Add the honey mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until all the oats are evenly coated. Transfer wet granola evenly on to two large cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to completely cool before serving. Don’t worry if the granola doesn’t seem completely crunchy after coming out of the oven. It will crisp up once completely cooled.