Apple and Brie Quesadillas with Mango Chutney
Learn how to make the perfect after school treat from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 4 oz. light or traditional Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith or other tart apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. mango chutney, Chinese duck sauce or apricot jam
- Preheat two large skillets over medium to medium-low heat (alternatively, bake all the quesadillas on baking sheets at 375 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes, until they are lightly browned and crisp). (For an extra-crispy quesadilla, brush the outsides of the tortillas lightly with vegetable oil before cooking them.)
- Lay one tortilla on the bottom of each pan, and top each with 1/2 of the Brie and apples. Spread one side of two more tortillas with 1 Tbsp. of the chutney, and put those tortillas on top of the tortillas in the pan, chutney side down. Let the quesadillas cook for 3 – 4 minutes per side until they start to brown, then carefully flip them and brown the second sides. Remove the quesadillas from the pan. With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the quesadillas into wedges to serve.