- 6 Granny Smith apples (about 2 pounds) peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bring the apples and cider to a boil over high heat in a large saucepan. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the apples are tender and beginning to fall apart, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blender, or food processor, process the apple mixture until smooth. Return to the saucepan, add the sugar and cinnamon and cook until reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate up to two weeks.