- 6-8 apples pared and sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar (or as little as 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- Mound sliced apples in buttered pie pan. Drizzle with orange juice.
- Combine dry ingredients and sift into a bowl. Cut in margarine with a pastry cutter, two knives or your fingers until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Put on top of the apples. Pat down lightly.
- Bake in 375° oven for 45-55 minutes. Put the pan on a cookie sheet to catch drips. Serve alone or with ice cream.