Honeycrisp apples are crisp and sweet and ideal for fresh eating, as well as for cooking and baking. (Recipe By: Steve Spanelli; Photo Credit: Photo Courtesy Tait Farm.)
- 2 large apples, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Place apples and water in a pan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until softened.
- Drain and transfer apples to a food processor; puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add apple puree and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Bake until tops are springy to the touch, 15 to 18 minutes.