Apple Skillet Cobbler
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat the butter and sugar in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apples and continue cooking until the sugar is melted and forms an amber colored syrup.
- Mix the biscuit mix with the sugar and grated cheese.
- Add enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Spoon over the apple mixture and cover tightly. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and uncover.
- Let cook for at least 15 minutes.