- 1⁄ 2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄ 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄ 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick rolled oats
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar together. Beat in egg.
- Combine and thoroughly mix all dry ingredients except rolled oats.
- Stir into creamed sugar mixture.
- Stir in applesauce, raisins and oats.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.