Apricot and Plum Strudel
- Ingredients for filling:
- White Bread 1/3 cup small crumbs
- Vegetable Oil,1/3 cup
- Raisins,1 _ cup blanched in hot water first
- Sugar 3 _ cup
- Walnuts 4 ½ cup, crushed into small pieces
- Cherry Jam
- Cinnamon 4 Tsp
- Lemon (soft part) 2
- Ingredients for dough:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- _ teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons sour cream
- 10 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb. margarine
- Flour 2 lbs - or more as needed to make it harder
- Mix together all filling ingredients
- Knead the dough and split into 12 balls. Each ball make thing with roller and cover well with oil. Put walnuts/sugar mixture on edge. Make into rolls. Pre-cut _ way into future pieces.
- Brush with egg and put some sugar on top. Put rolls into a well pre-oiled pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 F. Color of the dough should become dark brown but not burn.
- Cut only when cool. May store in refrigerator or outside.