- 4 lbs. Lamb (we recommend lamb shanks about 1lb each)
- 2 lbs. sliced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3 ounces chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Simply mix the above ingredients in a deep baking pan, fully coating the lamb in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 275-325° F (depending on the actual heat that a home oven produces).
- Bake the lamb for 2 hours, turning the pieces over after the first hour.
- Serve the lamb with the potatoes and use a bit of the remaining juices to pour over the dish.