Arthur Birthday Party: Fruit Collage (with Gooey Tasty Dip Stuff)
This fruit collage recipe is a fun to eat appetizer for any kid's party.
- variety of fruits sliced
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups marshmallow spread
- knife and cutting board (for adult use only)
- several bowls
- electric hand mixer (for adult use only)
- rubber spatula
- mixing bowl
- large platter
- Prep all the fruit by cutting it into different shapes and sorting it into several different bowls. (Prep should be done by an adult only.)
- Next, make the dip: Use an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed to cream the cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add the marshmallow spread and beat at the same speed until smooth. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to your own taste. (Remember that it's easier to add than to take away, so try just a few shakes of each to start.)
- Cover dip and put in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Invite your child to help you arrange the fruit on a large platter. Wash hands first, and then get creative!
- To serve, lay the platter out with a large spoon. Serve the dip in a gravy bowl or in a regular bowl with a ladle so guests can spoon it onto their plates.
Tips/TechniquesNote: We used cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries in our collage. It's a good idea to check with your guests' parents regarding any possible food allergies prior to deciding on a party menu.