Artichoke Stuffed with Brie
Enjoy a different take on artichokes. Serve these at a dinner party or at a quiet dinner for two.
- 1 each Artichoke
- 2 ounces Brie
- 1 T. Chopped shallots
- 4 ounces White wine
- 8 ounces Butter (¼? slices)
- 2 ox. Whole grain mustard
- 1 T. White wine vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut off the top and bottom of the artichoke. Cook it in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until the bottom is easy to pierce with a fork. Run artichoke under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the inner choke away from the heart. Cut the brie into ½? chunks.
- Place the brie into the artichoke and throughout the leaves.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350° until the brie is melted (approximately 10 minutes).
- To make the mustard sauce, combine shallots and white wine in a saucepan over high heat. Slowly add the butter and remove from heat. Then add mustard, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice to the mixture.
- Drizzle mixture over artichoke and serve.