Asian Chicken and Chili Soup
A quick and easy soup recipe with a kick.
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 25 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed) thinly sliced lengthwise and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Asian hot chili sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) diced poached chicken
- 1 bunch (6 ounces) watercress large stems trimmed
- 2 scallions thinly sliced lengthwise and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- In a 3-quart saucepan, bring broth, bell peppers, soy sauce, and chili sauce to a simmer; cook until peppers are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and watercress; cook 1 minute. Ladle into bowls, and top with scallions.
Tips/TechniquesNote: Look for a sweetened Asian chili sauce in the specialty aisle of your supermarket. Or substitute ketchup and ¼ teaspoon red-pepper flakes.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 244 calories; 4.7 grams fat; 41 grams protein; 8.3 grams carbohydrates; 1.6 grams fiber