Autumn Roasted Vegetables
Enjoy a taste of fall with every bite of this side dish.
Cook time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 3 cups white creamer potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups peeled white sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups peeled butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ½ cups peeled red garnet sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large peeled acorn squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups peeled red boiler onions, whole
- 1 cup peeled white boiler onions, whole
- 10 peeled cloves garlic, whole
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, tied with kitchen twine, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine creamer potatoes, white sweet potatoes, butternut squash, red garnet sweet potatoes, acorn squash, onions, and garlic in a 9x13-inch roasting pan. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and thyme leaves. Garnish with a several sprigs of thyme secured with string to form a “bouquet garni”.
- Roast the vegetables, uncovered, 50 to 60 minutes stirring twice until they are tender and the potatoes and squash are golden brown. Remove the vegetables from the oven, transfer them to a platter, and serve immediately.