Autumn White Wine Sangria
Kick off the holiday season in style with this festive white wine sangria from food blogger Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc (or other white wines like Riesling or Pinot Gris)
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, juiced
- 1 Pink Lady apple, juiced (about 4 fluid ounces)
- 1 fuyu persimmon, sliced
- 1 apple, cubed
- 6 fluid ounces sparkling water
- To a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Heat over medium low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- To a large pitcher, pour in the white wine, grapefruit juice, apple juice and sliced persimmon and apple. Add the reserved simple syrup and stir. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, pour in the sparkling water. Serve chilled or over ice, if desired.