Baby Arugula Salad with Pink Grapefruit and Candied Almonds
Recipe by Denise Santoro Lincoln
- 1 medium bunch of baby arugula
- 1 large pink grapefruit peeled and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat almonds and sugar in a dry pan on medium-high heat.
- Toast the almonds in the pan until the sugar starts to meld into the nuts.
- Add the water and quickly stir so the sugar melts into the nuts. Turn off heat.
- Wash and dry arugula and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add chopped grapefruit (with its juices) and candied nuts.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients thoroughly and then add to the salad.
- Mix and serve.