Baked Artichoke, Goat Cheese & Pesto Dip
Served this dip with olive oil crostini at your next party or gathering.
- 2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/3 cup Toasted Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Goat Cheese
- 1 lb. Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 cup Pesto
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 2 lbs. Artichoke Hearts Quartered
- Combine basil leaves, walnuts, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth to make the "pesto" referenced in the fourth step.
- Soften goat cheese and neufchatel cheese to room temperature.
- Put goat cheese and neufchatel in a food processor and blend until smooth, no lumps.
- Add pesto, half-n-half, artichoke hearts and pulse until combined evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste as necessary.
- Pour into an oven-proof casserole dish and top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes or until top becomes golden brown.
- Serve with olive oil crostini or your favorite crispy bread or crackers.