Baked Eggs with Canadian Bacon
This recipe is easy to divide to make smaller quantities. Use any of your favorite cheeses that are good for melting. This makes a nice lunch or weeknight meal when served with a fresh spinach salad and some fresh fruit. You can watch Sue prepare the dish in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- Butter a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place Canadian bacon in the bottom of the dish in a single layer. Top each piece with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- One at a time, break eggs into a small bowl. Gently place one egg on top of each slice of cheese. Pour cream over eggs.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, paprika and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how well done you like your eggs to be.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Scoop up individual stacks of Canadian bacon, Swiss cheese and eggs and place on top of toasted English muffin.