Baked Feta with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes
While a warm appetizer, this baked feta with olives and cherry tomatoes dish is light and refreshing. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
Yield: Serves 4 to 6, as an appetizer
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 6 ounces feta, torn into chunks
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups green olives, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. To a baking dish, add the feta chunks, cherry tomatoes, green olives, crushed red pepper, garlic cloves and pour the olive oil and lemon mixture over. Toss until combined.
- Transfer to the oven for about 30 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes have wilted slightly and everything smells fragrant. Serve warm with sliced bread.