Baked Green Beans with Feta Cheese
A healthier spin on the green bean casserole, this recipe includes fresh green beans, feta, and fresh herbs. It's a perfect side that pairs well with all proteins. Enjoy!
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb. fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 small white onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, garlic, oil and salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan and top with tomatoes, feta cheese, basil and oregano.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
Nutrition Info(Each serving provides 110 calories, 66 calories from fat, 7.4 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 11 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 9.2 grams carbohydrates, 3.3 grams fiber, 3.2 grams sugar, 3.7 grams protein)