Baked Potato Soup
- 5 large potatoes scrubbed and un-peeled
- 10 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup soy milk
- Garnishes; sliced chives tofu sour cream, and shredded soy cheese
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot combine vegetable stock, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil and whisk in salt, white pepper, and instant mashed potato flakes.
- When baked potatoes are completely cooled, cut them into small cubes.
- Carefully fold cubed potatos and soy milk into the soup.
- Garnish individual servings with a few chives, a dollop of tofu sour cream and a little shredded soy cheese.