- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter (3 TB solid)
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Stir in other ingredients, in order given.
- Pour into Teflon coated or buttered 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 loaf pan.
- Bake one hour in oven preheated to 325°
Tips/TechniquesNotes: Overripe bananas are best -- really overripe. Black bananas give a real banana flavor for any baked recipe. Bananas that are just right for eating can barely be tasted when added to breads or cakes. Bananas can be frozen as is, no additional wrapping (other than the natural skin) is necessary. Let them get to be solid black, then freeze. Thaw when ready for use. You can add 2 cup pecans or whatever is your favorite if you like banana-nut bread. These breads freeze well for up to two months.